Pimp your potatoes, Zaza's Kitchen style, with this super simple and customizable recipe. You can you pair them with ZZK's garlic parmesan wings, air-fried hot wings, or eat them alone as a snack. I prefer using yukon gold potatoes as they're creamier in texture, but feel free to use russet as well. Crispy on the exterior and smooth on the interior, you really can't miss with this game-day favorite. Happy cooking, foodies!
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
2 large bowls
Parchment paper (optional)
5 medium yukon gold potatoes
Onion powder (optional)
Italian seasoning blend or spice blend of choice
1. Preheat Oven- Preheat oven to 425°F.
2. Cut Potatoes-
-For wedges-Wash and cut each potato in half lengthways, then cut each half into 3-4
pieces until you have 6-8 wedges, ensuring that all slices are as uniform as possible.
For quarters- Wash potatoes and cut them in half legnth-wise. Next, cut potatoes into
slices in the opposite direction.
3. Soak Potatoes- Fill bowl with cold water and add wedges into bowl. Soak for 15-30 minutes. After soaking, drain water and dry thoroughly with kitchen towel or paper towels.
4. Season Potatoes- Add the dried potatoes to a bowl and coat potatoes with about 2 tbsp of olive oil. Next, season with garlic powder, paprika, pepper, and seasonings of choices to taste. Combine seasoning, oil, and potatoes.
5. Roast- Grease baking sheet or line with parchment paper, and add potatoes, ensuring that pan is not overcrowded. Roast potatoes for 35-40 minutes, flipping them at the halfway mark. Once potatoes are golden and crisp, remove from oven.
6. Salt Potatoes- Once potatoes are removed from oven, season with kosher salt to taste.
7. Serve- Allow potatoes to sit for 3-5 minutes before serving.